Zocca, the River Walk Italian restaurant beneath the downtown Westin, has introduced a series of cocktails for the summer.
Enjoy them on the peaceful, pastoral patio at the downtown San Antonio restaurant, 420 W. Market St., or try them at home. Part of the fun with making your own is you get to experiment with the portions, so you can tailor each drink to your taste.
On the other hand, the fun in having one of these drinks at the restaurant is that someone else will make it for you and you don’t have to worry about having enough limoncello or peach purée on hand, especially if you want an encore.
The lineup includes:
- The Margherita: This Italian take on a Texas favorite is made with grappa, amaretto and lime juice. Enjoy it on the rocks.
- The Ferrari: Sleek and smooth like its namesake, the Ferrari combines Grey Goose L’Orange vodka with pomegranate juice and a splash of orange juice.
- The Venetian: This drink combines Tanqueray gin with Campari and amaretto for a distinctive Italian-influenced cocktail.
- The Ducati: Named for the famous Italian racing motorcycle, this cocktail mixes brandy, Tuaca and Grand Marnier with fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- The Vespa: Enjoy a Roman holiday with this concoction made of spiced rum, limoncello and sweet and sour mix.
- Zocca Lemonade: Experience la dolce vita with this take on a summer classic. Zocca blends Ketel One Citron with lemon juice and soda for a refreshing spiked lemonade.
- Bellini: Perhaps the quintessential Italian summer cocktail, Zocca’s Bellini combines sparkling Prosecco and peach purée in a salute to the famous cocktail created at Harry’s Bar in Venice, Italy, in 1948.
Complimentary valet parking at the hotel. Call (210) 444-6070 or click here.