A new French restaurant will open next week downtown; a North Side Italian restaurant with a long history has closed. Here are a more changes on the San Antonio food scene:
- Green Fields Market will open Sept. 29 in the Shops at Stone Oak. The shopping center is at 19239 Stone Oak Parkway
- The Sandbar will move to the Pearl Brewery during the third week of October.
- La Scala, 2177 N.W. Military Hwy., has closed.
- A second Gourmet Burger Grill will open soon. It will be at 11224 Huebner Road.
- Martha’s Mexican Cuisine will open another restaurant at 13259 Blanco Road, the home of a number of restaurants over the years including El Callejon, Matisse and Gaucho’s.
- Le Midi, a French bistro from the people behind Soleil Bistro and Wine Bar, opens Wednesday at 301 E. Houston St.