It’s October, which means that it is Texas Wine Month. Texas wines and winemakers across the state will celebrate and be celebrated at statewide events. Texas Wine Month promotes partnerships between wineries, retailers, restaurants and communities through wine-related events and festivals.
Many wine festivals and events are planned around the state. You can also do your part by seeking out Texas products at the store or at your wine shop. Activities include:
- Texas Fall Fest & Texas Wine Auction, Oct. 2-4, Horseshoe Bay
- Texas Bluebonnet Wine Trail Meet the Winemakers Dinner, Oct. 2, Bryan
- Gruene Music and Wine Festival, Oct. 9-10, Gruene
- Taste of Georgetown, Oct. 17, Georgetown
- Waco Wine & Food Festival, Oct. 17, Waco
- GO TEXAN Two-Sip Tasting Oct. 21, Austin, Whole Foods Market Culinary Center
- Fredericksburg Food & Wine Festival, Oct. 24, Fredericksburg
Texas currently has more than 180 wineries and 280 commercial vineyards in operation. For more information about Texas wine, upcoming wine events and the Wine Regional Partnership Grant Program, visit www.gotexanwine.org.