*Updated with additional listings on November 23.
If you don’t have the time, the means or the energy to prepare the Thanksgiving meal, don’t sweat it. There are numerous places offering meals to go, while many restaurants are offering lavish spreads.
Restaurateurs, if your Thanksgiving menu isn’t included, please e-mail email@example.com. We’ll update the lists below as often as we can.
First, we’ll start with the take-out options:
- Central Market, 4821 Broadway – A host of meal options abound. The turkey dinner with all the trimmings serves 6-8 and features gravy, dressing, green beans amandine, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls and a pumpkin chiffon pie for $129.99. A vegetarian meal for four with Hazelnut Cranberry Roast en Croute sells for $69.99. Call (210) 368-8600 or (210) 368-8686.
- The County Line – Order barbecued turkey breast as well as ribs, sausage and brisket through the barbecue joint’s Air Ribs program. Call (800) AIR-RIBS (247-7427) or visit www.airribs.com.
- Crumpet’s Restaurant & Bakery, 3920 Harry Wurzbach – For a full menu of take-out options, call (210) 821-5600.
- Earl Abel’s, 1201 Austin Hwy. – Order a 23-pound oven-roasted turkey dinner with cornbread dressing, giblet gravy and cranberry relish for $125. Two pies (one apple, one pumpkin) are included. Side dishes, including mashed potatoes, candied yams, green beans, gravy and dinner rolls, available individually. Pie options include pumpkin, sweet potato pecan with Chantilly cream, Texas pecan, cherry, apple, maple pecan and meringue. Orders must be placed by Nov. 20. Call (210) 822-7333 or (210) 822-3358.
- SoGo, 19903 Stone Oak Parkway – The holiday meal for 6–8 people costs $159.99 and includes Whole Roasted Tom Turkey (brined with canella, cider, sugar, salt, cilantro and clove); Fresh Herb Bread Stuffing; Roast Garlic Mashed Potatoes; French Green Bean Casserole; Cranberry-Orange Compote; Turkey Gravy; House-Baked Dinner Rolls with Whipped Butter; and your choice of Home-Made Chocolate-Chip Pecan Pie, Apple Pie or Pumpkin Pie. All items are also available á la carte. Reserve your meal at (210) 494-8222 or online at www.sogo-sa.com.
- Whole Foods, 255 E. Basse Rd. – A variety of appetizer options include Crab Cakes; Traditional Deviled Eggs; Brie en Croute; and Antipasti & Cheese platters. Á la carte entrées include Herb-Encrusted Tenderloin of Beef; Diestel Pre-Roasted Organic Turkey; and Spinach and Hazelnut Tofu Loaf. There is a large selection of side dishes included Traditional Herb Stuffing; Roasted Brussels Sprouts; and Apple-Baco-Cheddar Potato Cakes. Desserts include Four Seasons Pie; Vegan Pumpkin Pie (traditional also available); and Chocolate Pecan Pie. More information is at wholefoodsmarket.com/holidays or call (210) 826-4676.
For restaurant options, make reservations early. Also note that some places will not be open on the holiday. A few we know include Rosario’s, Acenar, El Jarro de Arturo, the Palm Steakhouse, Ruth’s Chris Steak Houses and Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse.
- Biga on the Banks, 203 South St. Mary’s St. – Brunch on Thanksgiving Day will run 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Prices and information on the special meal will be posted on the restaurant’s website, www.biga.com, as it becomes available. Place an online reservation and receive a complimentary glass of Champagne.
- Boudro’s, 421 E. Commerce – Thanksgiving Day hours are 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Start the meal with an amuse bouche – Chicken Liver Paté and Persimmon Jam. Choose between Corn and Crab Chowder with Pumpkin, Poblano, and Parmesan Croissant Croutons or Beet Salad with Watercress, Fresh Goat Cheese, Grapes, and Orange Sherry Vinaigrette. The main course selections are Achiote Butter-Basted Turkey Breast with Wild Mushroom, Parmesan, and Celery Root Sour Dough Stuffing or Herb-Roasted Niman Ranch Pork Chop. Alongside the entrées will be Jalapeño Cornbread, Cranberry Scones, Carmelized Onion-Sage Rolls, and Rosemary and Grape Kolaches. Dessert is Sweet Potato Pecan Pie with Chantilly Cream, Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake with Candied Orange and Cajeta Sauce, or any dessert on the regular menu. Cost: $37 for adults, $15 for children’s turkey dinner, all plus tax and tip. For reservations, call (210) 224-8484.
- Brasserie Pavil, 1818 N. Loop 1604 W. – A three-course Thanksgiving prix fixe menu will be served 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Choices of appetizers include roasted butternut squash soup, Pavil Maison Salad Mix and a classic Caesar. Entrée choices include Grilled Chicken Breast Dijonaise, Steak au Poivre, Roast Turkey and Mushroom-Sourdough Stuffing, Rainbow Trout, Sea Scallops Beurre Noir and Fettuccini with Pulled Braised Lamb. Dessert choices include Pumpkin Cheesecake, Gateau au Chocolat and class crème brûlée. A la carte sides also available. Cost: $34.95 a person plus tax and tip. Reservations for parties of 7 or more. Call (210) 479-5000.
- Crumpet’s Restaurant & Bakery, 3920 Harry Wurzbach – Holiday fare will be offered during the day’s abbreviated hours, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. For reservations, call (210) 821-5600.
- Earl Abel’s, 1201 Austin Hwy. – Thanksgiving hours start at 6:30 a.m., but the holiday meal will be served 11 a.m.-11 p.m. The special menu comes with choice of appetizer, vegetable, dinner rolls and dessert. Entrée options include roast turkey ($15), country ham ($16), fried chicken ($14), Niman Ranch top sirloin ($19) and fried shrimp ($17). Call (210) 822-3358.
- Fogo de Chao, 849 E. Commerce St. – Thanksgiving hours are 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and 5-10 p.m. Lunch prices: $24.50. Dinner: $38.50. Both options include the regular 15 cuts of meat plus salad bar. Patrons can also choose salad bar only for $19.50. Call (210) 227-1700.
- The Grand Hyatt, 600 E. Market St. – At the hotel’s Achiote River Café & Bar, the buffet is from noon to 9 p.m. Mixed salads, a carving station with roast turkey and entrees including pan-seared salmon, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, poblano corn bread stuffing, seasonal vegetables, an artisan bread station and a dessert station are offered. Cost: $25 a person. Call (210) 224-1234.
- Green Vegetarian Cuisine, 1017 N. Flores Ave. – Have a vegetarian feast at Green from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- Hyatt Regency, 123 Losoya St. – The Thanksgiving buffet at Chaps Restaurant will be 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Carving stations with turkey, ham and prime rib are offered in addition to buffet choices of fire-roasted chicken, roasted turkey thighs, grilled acorn and butternut squashes, candied yams and grilled Escobar. Also: salad bar, Thanksgiving bread table and dessert table. Cost: $40 adults, $36 seniors, and $20 children. Children under age 3 are free with paying adult. Call (210) 222-1234.
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort, 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive – The buffet in the Hill Country Ballroom is from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. A rustic soup station, seafood, salads of the season, a gnocchi and pasta bar, carving stations with turkey and ham, a breakfast bar and specialties ranging from roasted pork loin and roasted beef sirloin to glazed salmon and roasted acorn squash are featured. Dessert buffet and children’s buffet included. Cost: $42.95 adults, $35 seniors (65+), $21.50 children ages 4-12. Call (210) 647-1234.
- La Mansión del Rio, 112 College St. – The buffet in Las Canarias restaurant will be 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Cost: $64.95 per person, $32.95 children ages 5-12. Price includes unlimited Mumm Champagne for adults. Tax and tip not included. Dinner from 6 to 10 p.m. is a la carte from the regular menu. Call (210) 518-1017.
- Luca Ristorante e Enoteca, 11255 Huebner Road – Thanksgiving hours are noon-3 p.m. The special menu includes soup or salad, followed by a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and ending with pumpkin cheesecake. Cost: adults, $19.95; children, $9.95. The regular menu will also be available during those hours. Call (210) 561-9700.
- Mike’s in the Village, 2355-3 Bulverde Road in Bulverde, TX, will offer a menu including Pumpkin Soup with Creole Lobster; Deep Fried Cajun Turkey Brined in Cayenne and Brown Sugar; Oyster-Corn Bread Dressing; Creamed Collard Greens; Sweet Potatoes with Pecans & Brown Sugar Butter; and more. Hours are 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Call for reservations, (830) 438-2747.
- The Vintage House Restaurant, Messina Hof Winery and Resort, 4545 Old Reliance Road, Bryan — Enjoy a traditional holiday feast from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting with your choice of Pumpkin Bisque or New England Clam Chowder. Next, choose Messina Hof Champagne Salad or Messina Hof House Merlot Salad. The entrée selection is: Roast Turkey with Giblet Gravy served with Seasoned Cornbread Stuffing and Green Bean Casserole; Prime Rib of Beef au Jus served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Mushrooms; or Baked North Atlantic Cod with Fresh Dill and Cornichon Butter Sauce and served with Jasmine rice and Green Bean Casserole. For dessert, enjoy your choice of Pumpkin Cheese Cake, Chocolate Mousse Cake or Tiramisu. Cost: $49.95 plus tax and tip. Wine is not included. Call (800) 736-9463, ext. 231, for reservations.