By John Griffin
Posted on09 April 2010.
Fiesta fever is gripping the city, creating numerous parties that extend beyond the likes of Oyster Bake and the Battle of Flowers Parade.
A few food- and drink-related offshoots include:
- Noche de Fiesta en Schertz runs from 7 to 11 p.m. tonight, offering casino games, food and music to all who attend. Tickets are $40 a person. The event is at the Schertz Civic Center, 1400 Schertz Parkway, and benefits Schertz programs for seniors and youth.
- Coco Chocolate Lounge, 18402 U.S. 281 N., is having a pre-Fiesta Bash at 10 p.m. Saturday with a DJ playing salsa, merengue and more.
- A free Fiesta cupcake tasting at Kate's Frosting, 2518 N. Main St. The goodies will be given away 11 a.m.-7 p.m. April 13 while supplies last.
- Genesis is an art event featuring food and samples from Texas wineries, brewers and distilleries. It is set for 7-11 p.m. April 15 at the Schertz Civic Center, 1400 Schertz Parkway. Tickets are $15 a person or $25 per couple in advance or $20 a person/$30 a couple at the door. Call (210) 619-1611. Sponsored by Artz.
- TamaleFest SA will be at the Lone Star Pavilion at Sunset Station from 1 to 8 p.m. April 17. Music, tamales and a tamale-eating contest are all planned. Tickets are $5 for adults, free for children. Click here for a full schedule.
- Mi Casa Tamales and Cantina, 25930 I-10 W., is having its annual TamaleFest with bands, beers, tamales and more. It's set for 4-7 p.m. April 25. Click here for more.
For a full list of sanctioned Fiesta events, click here