Gifts, parties, religious observances and decorations take center stage at Christmas, but Thanksgiving is mainly about the feast. So, are you ready for the whole big show?
If not, we have help for you. The articles linked below are from the SavorSA archives and will help you make this Thanksgiving dinner the best yet. We start with a timeline to keep you on track, with tips on what you can do ahead. And we take you all the way through a few ideas for what to do with leftovers.
Also, check out current articles today and during the week ahead for recipes, from appetizers through desserts, as well as turkey substitutes.
Thanksgiving, our annual remembrance of that first tough year weathered by the Pilgrims in their challenging new home, is when we try to set aside our wants and worries. So, share with those who have less the we do, and enjoy the many gifts that we have.
- A Finer Edge: Where to Get Knives Sharpened
- Any Way You Slice It, Here’s How To Carve the Bird
- Making a Holiday Meal Diabetic Friendly
- How to Fry a Turkey
- Ask A Foodie: Thanksgiving Day Snacks that Aren’t Filling
- Onion-Herb Rolls
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Pumpkin Soup
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Holiday Cran-Raspberry Sauce
- Gravy: It’s a Must-Have and Easy to Make
- Sautéed Cabbage Gets Boost from Bacon
- Brussels Sprouts Make for Healthy Sides
- Have Your Dressing and Cut the Carbs, Too
- Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Apple Brandy Tart
- Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake
- Diana Barrios Trevino Family Favorite Cheesecake
- Mom’s Pumpkin Pie
- Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Turkey Divan, Divine Way to Use Leftovers
- Griffin to Go: A Southern Approach to Using Leftover Turkey