Order an entire meal or just some complementary dishes. Options range from a full spread with beef tenderloin to cheesecakes in a variety of flavors.
Give the gift of a Flying Pig cheesecake
Flying Pig Cheesecakes
Flying Pig has expanded its product line and added cookies, as well as some great new cheesecake flavors.
Some of the new cheesecakes from the San Antonio bakery are White Chocolate Truffle, rich, creamy white chocolate with an overlay of orange liqueur; Fireside Dream, bright cranberries, a subtle hint of orange and the elegant smoothness of white chocolate; Dia de los Muertos, Mexican dark chocolate, cinnamon, and smokey chipotle; Heavenly Harvest, with pumpkin, honey, and perfect spices; the Lodge, a flavor to make you think of mulled apple cider and the scent of juniper as you sit on the porch of a mountain lodge.
The new cookies come in some of the cheesecake flavors, but also flavors all their own. Ask for Mango Tango, Fire Island, Dia de los Muertos, The Lodge, Fireside Dream, German Chocolate, Turtlelly Awesome, and Tranquility, as well as Molasses and Peanut Butter flavors.
All cheesecake orders can be made with low-fat cream cheese upon request. Call 210-844-8458 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information and delivery costs.
Mike's offers everything from appetizers to desserts
Mike's in the Village offers plenty of options to meet your holiday needs.
Need a ready-to-serve appetizer or five? Or maybe two or three different desserts?
Mike's in the Village, 2355-3 Bulverde Road, Bulverde, offers an array of pre-cooked options that can be catered to suit your needs.
For appetizers, consider spinach- and cornbread-stuffed mushrooms, chicken and Gouda phyllo triangles, apricot- and walnut-stuffed double crème brie en croute, crudité and vegetable platters with asparagus and roasted peppers or one of the signature crawfish cheesecakes.
White chocolate bread pudding with cinnamon rum sauce, warm cherry clafouti pudding, warm Bananas Foster over vanilla bean ice cream and caramelized apple flan are among the dessert choices.
Call 830-438-2747 or click here
Holiday tamales at Paloma Blanca
Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine, 5800 Broadway, is now taking orders for holiday tamales.
They come in four flavors: chicken verde, pork, poblano corn and black bean. Each is $8 per dozen.
Tres Leches cake is also available. It comes in your choice of vanilla, chocolate, piña colada and strawberry.
Call 210-822-6151 or visit www.palomablanca.net
Cookies, pies and buche de Noël at Marioli
At Marioli, 18730 Tuscany Stone, chef Mariana Oliver has created an expansive holiday dessert repertoire.
The international array of cookies, sweet breads, pies, brownies and puddings is designed to appeal to any taste, no matter the country of origin.
Garibaldi pastries, for example, are a mainstay at the Stone Oak eatery.
“These are traditional sweet breads of Mexico and are often served with café de leche,” she says. “This is something that you find all over Mexico City and the rest of the country.” The shape of the dessert resembles the hat worn by the Italian freedom fighter Giuseppe Garibaldi who was dubbed the “hero of two worlds” in recognition of his military exploits in South America and Europe.
There are also Mariposa cookies, slathered with apricot or raspberry jelly between two shortbread layers that have been drizzled with chocolate as well as brownie triangles encrusted with peppermint crunches.
Also for the season is the buche de Noël, or yule log, served at Christmas in France and Belgium. Miniature pecan pies, flan, cupcakes filled with tres leches and drizzled with sweet cream, and more are available.
Marioli is open 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.-11 p.m. Thursday-Satruday and noon-8 p.m. Sunday. Call 210-496-1111 or visit www.marioli2go.com
- Aldaco’s Mexican Cuisine, 20079 Stone Oak Parkway, 210-494-0561 — People can place orders for Blanca Aldaco’s tres leches cake, available in various flavors. These cakes serve up to 20 slices.
- Bill Miller Bar-B-Q, various locations -- Click here to order online. A 10- to 12-pound turkey with gravy and dressing costs $38.99, while an 18- to 20-pound turkey with gravy and dressing costs $59.99. Honey-glazed spiral cut ham costs $5.19 a pound. Party packs, pies and extras are also available.
- Central Market, 4821 Broadway, 210-368-8600 — Place orders by 2 p.m. Nov. 23. Order a traditional Thanksgiving dinner that serves 6-8 for $129.99. The lavender-white hickory smoked turkey dinner for 6-8 costs $139.99. A turkey breast dinner for 4-6 costs $99.99. The glazed white hickory-smoked ham dinner for 6-8 costs $99.99. The herb-roasted rib-eye dinner for 6-8 costs $159.99. The herb-crusted beef tenderloin dinner for 6-8 costs $169.99. The vegetarian hazelnut-fig roast en croûte for 2 costs $39.99. A package of holiday side dishes for 6-8 costs $49.99.
- The County Line Barbecue, 10101 I-10 W., 210-641-1998 — Boneless, smoked, pepper-rubbed turkey breast is available for $12.99 a pound. The breasts are generally 4 pounds and feed 10-12 people. The emergency kit of barbecue and sides is available for $11.99 a person. Ship barbecue via AirRibs by visiting www.airribs.com or by calling 800-AIR-RIBS (800-247-7427).
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 1170 E. Commerce St., 210 227-8847; and 7720 Jones Maltsberger Road, 210-821-5051 – San Antonians can order the following side dishes, which serve 10-12, throughout the holidays: sweet potato casserole, green beans and roasted garlic, creamed spinach and corn pudding. Desserts for 8-10 people include pecan pie and bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Desserts for 10-12 include a whole cheesecake or a whole Chocolate Sin Cake. Orders must be picked up 24 hours in advance.
- Whole Foods, 255 E. Basse Road, 210-826-4676 — Order your holiday meal online by clicking here. The herb-crusted prime rib roast is priced at $42.49-$254.94. A pre-roasted whole organic turkey is $109.99. Other dishes include chipotle-glazed pork loin for $17.99, chocolate pecan pie or pecan pie for $12.99 and brie with fig spread and almonds, $11.99.