Five San Antonio chefs are getting together Thursday to prepare a multi-course dinner to benefit HeartGift San Antonio, a charity that helps children with heart defects.
Each of the chefs will be preparing a course with watermelon as an ingredient.
The chefs and their dishes include:
- Heather Nañez of Bohanan’s with Yucatan-style Seared Hamachi and an assorted melon salsa and sour orange vinaigrette
- Damien Watel of Bistro Vatel with Watermelon, Grape Tomato and Feta Salad.
- Rodrigo Ugartechea of Cabo Seafood + Bar with Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail plus watermelon tartare, passion fruit with cilantro sauce and crispy rice noodles
- Patricia Wenckus of Auden’s Kitchen with Watermelon and Prosciutto Salad with goat cheese and basil
- Joseph Baker of the RK Group with Watermelon Pavé, strawberry dice, cilantro caviar, black sesame micro-sponge cake.
Jordan Asiimwe, a 1-year-old heart surgery patient from Uganda, will be the special guest of the evening. He underwent heart surgery last week, thanks to HeartGift and will be on hand to receive a special cake from Baker.
HeartGift San Antonio brings children from around the world to San Antonio for free surgery to correct life-threatening heart defects.
Tickets for the event are $125 a person. The event is at the home of Deborah and Morris Miller, 777 East Olmos Drive. For reservations, call Cathy at HeartGift, 210-299-7666.