Posted on11 May 2011.
Jordan Asiimwe, a child helped by HeartGift San Antonio (center), is joined by Joseph Baker (from left), Deborah Miller, Rodrigo Ugartechea and Heather Nanez.
Five San Antonio chefs are getting together Thursday to prepare a multi-course dinner to benefit HeartGift San Antonio, a charity that helps children with heart defects.
Each of the chefs will be preparing a course with watermelon as an ingredient.
The chefs and their dishes include:
- Heather Nañez of Bohanan’s with Yucatan-style Seared Hamachi and an assorted melon salsa and sour orange vinaigrette
- Damien Watel of Bistro Vatel with Watermelon, Grape Tomato and Feta Salad.
- Rodrigo Ugartechea of Cabo Seafood + Bar with Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail plus watermelon tartare, passion fruit with cilantro sauce and crispy rice noodles
- Patricia Wenckus of Auden’s Kitchen with Watermelon and Prosciutto Salad with goat cheese and basil
- Joseph Baker of the RK Group with Watermelon Pavé, strawberry dice, cilantro caviar, black sesame micro-sponge cake.
Jordan Asiimwe, a 1-year-old heart surgery patient from Uganda, will be the special guest of the evening. He underwent heart surgery last week, thanks to HeartGift and will be on hand to receive a special cake from Baker.
HeartGift San Antonio brings children from around the world to San Antonio for free surgery to correct life-threatening heart defects.
Tickets for the event are $125 a person. The event is at the home of Deborah and Morris Miller, 777 East Olmos Drive. For reservations, call Cathy at HeartGift, 210-299-7666.