What could be better than football on the TV, a mimosa by your side and just-made Belgian waffles and bacon on a plate in front of you?
Nothing. Or so the folks at Calpyso Rotisserie are hoping. The restaurant at 12030 Bandera Road, Helotes, is starting its weekly brunch this Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A new over-sized TV screen has been installed for watching the game. Meanwhile, the following is being offered with a complimentary mimosa:
- A cold buffet of assorted fresh fruit, including pineapple, cantaloupe, mango, strawberries and bananas, plus sliced Swiss cheese, ham, juices, milk, cereal and salads.
- A hot breakfast buffet of scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, turkey bacon, Belgian waffles and maple syrup.
- A hot buffet with rotisserie chicken, Island Pork, Cuban refried black beans, Calypso Potato Wedges and Calypso’s Signature Sauces.
- A bread station with sweet breads, whole wheat bread, toast and pastries as well as jams and butter.
- A coffee station with regular and decaf as well as teas.
The cost is $12.95 for adults and $6.50 for children (12 years and under).
To make reservations for a group of eight or more, call 210-695-4242.
A Vietnamese feast at Frederick’s
Frederick’s, 7701 Broadway, is having a five-course Vietnamese dinner with matching wines at 7:30 p.m. Monday-Wednesday.
Chef de cuisine Michel Costa has prepared the following menu: Steamed Vietnamese Ravioli with pork, shiitake and ear mushrooms and Wattle Creek Sauvignon Blanc; Pho made with beef and rice noodles with Wattle Creek Triple Play Red Blend; Bun Bo, cold noodles with sautéed beef, and Robert Oatley Rosé; Monkfish with Oriental Red Curry and Willm Gewürztraminer; and Flamed Banana with Royal Tokaji Mad Cuvée.
The cost is $75 a person plus tax and tip. Call 210-828-9050 for reservations.