Italy

Categorized | News

The Lodge Restaurant to Close in December

Print Friendly
The Lodge Restaurant of Castle Hills will close its doors Dec. 31, following a final New Year's Eve celebration, according to owners Jason and Crystal Dady. In a Twitter posting earlier this afternoon, chef Jason Dady said, "Fine dining is on life support and I don't want to be here when it dies. We are gonna finish strong and then move on." Contrary to rumors, Dady (nor anyone in his family) does not own the property. And, the Dady's don't have plans to open another restaurant at the address. "Not at this time, not sure we can ever duplicate it," said Crystal Dady. "The property and setting is so beautiful and unique, however, you never know what Jason will be doing next." In the 10 years it has been open, the restaurant has received accolades from local, regional and national media for both its fine dining and atmosphere. The Lodge will continue to offer Dady’s five-course Tasting Menu and eight-course Chef Degustation Menu and two- and three- course lunch menus for $12 and $15 until it closes. The Lodge is open for lunch from 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and dinner begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday – Saturday. Reservations can be made by calling 210-349-8466. The Jason Dady Restaurant Group will continue to operate their other facilities, including  BIN 555 Restaurant and Wine Bar, Tre Trattoria Alamo Heights, Tre Trattoria Downtown, Two Bros BBQ Market and the DUK  Truck.  
Be Sociable, Share!
Be Sociable, Share!

3 Responses to “The Lodge Restaurant to Close in December”

  1. Dorothy Steenken says:

    I cannot believe this is happening. After finding you last year and spending a great Birthday event there I am so sad that this is happening. I have taken note of where else you are and will hopefully be visiting one of these places in the future.
    Unfortunately I go away for large periods of time and have not been able to visit as much as I would like. I hope to see you again before you close.
    Your place at The Lodge was truly unique and a joy to visit. Good luck with whatever you are doing in the future. Maybe San Antonio was not ready for your fine dining and atmosphere. Does McDonalds rule!!!
    Best wishes Dorothy Steenken

  2. Suzanne Pike says:

    Very sad to hear this!

    • John Griffin says:

      We’re sorry to see it go, too. But Jason will still be with us at Bin 555, the two Tres, Two Bros. and the DUK Truck, plus, I’m sure, new ventures to come.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks