Celebrate the 175th anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo at the Emily Morgan Hotel’s restaurant, Oro, on Oct. 21. Executive chef Chris Cook will prepare a dinner paired with brews from the Real Ale Brewing Company in Blanco.
The reception beings at 6:30 p.m.; the dinner beings at 7. The cost is $49.95 per person, and there is complimentary valet parking.
On the menu:
- Reception: Lost Gold IPA with Curried Texas Gulf Shrimp Crostini, Spiced Fennel and Lemon Essence
- Second course: Extra Special Bitter with Tri-peppered Beef Tenderloin, ancho carrot puree and brussels sprouts
- Third course: Alamo Golden Ale with Achiote-seared Buffalo, spiced marcona almonds, baby greens and ancho buttermilk
- Fourth course is Octoberfest ale with Braised Andouille Sausage, roasted Anaheim peppers, pickled onion, and Paladian blue cream
- Final course is Fireman’s Four Blond Ale with Tres Leches, seasonal spiced fruit.
The Emily Morgan Hotel is at 705 E. Houston St. Call for reservations at 210-225-5100.