By John Griffin
Posted on05 July 2012.
SavorSA is teaming up with Plaza de Armas and NOWcastSA to help put you in touch with some of the people in San Antonio and the area who are redefining where our food comes from.
On July 24, we're joining together for 5-Minute Food Revolutions, a forum which will feature nine people from the food scene across the San Antonio area. Each will speak for five minutes. Learn what they are doing that is out-of-the-ordinary, be it healthy restaurant fare or running a successful food truck to producing olive oil or farm-raised chicken and fresh eggs.
Stars of the event include:
- Chad Carey of The Monterey
- Marianna Peeler of Peeler Farms
- Sameer Siddiqui of Rickshaw Stop
- Troy Knapp of Hyatt Hill Country Resort
- Saundra Winokur of Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard
- Mike Behrend of Green Vegetarian Cuisine
- Susan Jaime of Ferra Coffee
- Tim McDiarmid, aka Tim the Girl, who caters and handles social pop-up events
- Blair Condon of Green Spaces Alliance
The event is set for Aldaco's at Sunset Station, 100 E. Hoefgen St. Doors open at 6 p.m. for snacks provided by Aldaco's and drinks at the cash bar. Presentations begin at 6:30.
After the presentations, the presenters will take questions from the audience, so come hungry and curious.
NOWCastSA will document the event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org