You gotta get Got Heart. That’s the message coming from Diana Barrios Treviño, who is offering a sweet deal to tempt people.
“It’s July and time to celebrate my mom, Viola, during her birth month!” Diana Barrios Treviño says. “Stop in at Los Barrios or La Hacienda de Los Barrios and enjoy a slice of Pastel con Flan and get a limited edition Got Heart T-shirt for $14.99!”
All of the proceeds go directly to Viola’s Huge Heart Foundation.
“It’s tax deductible, delicious and incredibly stylish!” she says.
Los Barrios is at 4223 Blanco Road. La Hacienda de los Barrios is at 18747 Redland Road.
Big heart for the MDA
Whataburger apparently has a big heart when it comes to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
The San Antonio-based burger chain recently presented the local MDA chapter with a check for $100,000, which the staff of the various restaurants raised in a day.
Whataburger also threw a party for 10 local children who are headed off to MDA summer camp as well as their families.
Whataburger is also showing some concern for the heart by introducing a new menu of items under 550 calories. They include:
- Whataburger Jr. with Bacon & Cheese, 400 calories
- Double Meat Whataburger Jr. with Cheese, 470 calories
- New Grilled Chicken Melt, 460 calories
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, 510 calories
- Chicken Fajita Taco, 420 calories
- Whatacatch Sandwich, 450 calories
Whataburger breakfast choices under 550 calories include:
- Cinnamon Roll, 390 calories
- Bacon & Egg Taquito, 380 calories
- Bacon or Sausage Biscuit, 350 to 540 calories
- Egg & Cheese Biscuit, 450 calories
- Biscuit & Jelly, 340 calories
- Egg Sandwich, 310 calories
A growing number of restaurants in San Antonio are offering gluten-free offerings to meet the growing number of people living with celiac disease.
And Little Aussie Bakery, 3610 Avenue B, is helping a few of them.
The bakery is now making the following gluten-free items for local restaurants:
- Whole flax buns for the various Babes Burgers
- Focaccia for All Aboard Deli, 5255 McCullough Ave.
- Buns for the Cove, 606 W. Cypress
- Pizza crust for Gallo Pizzeria, 164 Castroville Road
- Buns for various Rome’s Pizza places
Little Aussie has its own great gluten-free products, dishes and a dazzling array of baked goods, including mouthwatering cakes, that are worth checking out, too. Call (210) 826-7787.
4 for $4 at Perry’s
Perry’s Steakhouse in the Shops at La Cantera, 15900 La Cantera Parkway, has a thing for the number 4.
During the month of July, if you visit Perry’s on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (except July 4), $4 gets you your choice of an 8-ounce version of the famous pork chop; the house-made Polish sausage appetizer; the Candy Bar dessert, reminiscent of a Reese’s Cup; and the Perry-tini, a take on a lemon drop martini. Or you could have all four for $16.
On a visit this week, plenty of $4 pork chops were being served to the folks in the bar, which is where those of us without reservations sat and enjoyed the live piano as well as the various treats we tried.
For reservations, call (210) 558-6161.