More than 230,000 people in Southwest Texas rely on the Food Bank’s network of programs and services— and over one-half million Southwest Texans are at risk of going hungry.
Now, the San Antonio Food Bank, in partnership with Whataburger, presents the SA Goes Orange campaign, offering your company the opportunity to make a difference.
Launching on September 1, 2012, and continuing throughout the month, SA Goes Orange engages San Antonians in public awareness and fundraising activities that will ultimately help the Food Bank end hunger in Southwest Texas.
Remember, orange is the color of hunger awareness.
As the major supplier of food for the hungry in Southwest Texas, the San Antonio Food Bank helps provide food for about 58,000 individuals each week through a network of more than 530 partner agencies within a 16-county service area. Every dollar donated, every SA Goes Orange campaign button worn and every means of public outreach helps our bottom line: to fight hunger and feed hope in Southwest Texas.
The SA Goes Orange campaign offers your company a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families and individuals in need in our community, while increasing your own brand awareness and product exposure. The goodwill generated by cause-related marketing translates into a significant return on investment in the San Antonio market. Your employees and your customers will also take pride in knowing that each dollar collected during this campaign allows the Food Bank to distribute up to seven meals.
How can you join the San Antonio Food Bank and Whataburger in going orange?Here are a few ways to help:
• Become a campaign sponsor and be listed in all campaign marketing and advertising.
• Donate proceeds from product sales or an event.
• Join city landmarks like the Tower of the Americas and the Quarry Market, and literally light up the sky orange – the color of hunger awareness.
• Provide ad space, retail space — any space — to help raise public consciousness about hunger in Southwest Texas.
• Tell a friend — enlist employees, customers, friends and family.
• Hold a company-wide Go Orange Virtual Food Drive — the donation is virtual, but the help is real!
• Run your own unique internal fundraiser — how about Wear Orange to Work day?
The possibilities to Go Orange are limitless … so is the impact that you can make toward ending hunger.
For more information, contact Katie Ramsey, Director of Community Investments, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210.431.8312