We love recipes — reading them, testing them, and posting them on SavoSA.
These were some of our favorites from the year that just ended — in fact, we have a list of 12, from 2012. The list includes recipes from local chefs and cooks, as well as one from a contestant in the Almost Famous Chef’s Competition. There are sweets and healthy treats as well.
Look them over once more — and you might be ready to get into the kitchen again very soon.
John Griffin contributed to this article.
- Mushroom Pie
- Tia Lety’s Chipotle Pot Roast Tacos
- Brownie Bread Pudding
- Herb-Roasted Chicken from Zach Lutton of Zedric’s Healthy Gourmet to Go
- Crab and Avocado Cakes from Melissa Guerra
- Mom’s Lemon Pie
- Cocona Ceviche
- Pepian de Pollo: Guatemala’s Rich Dish
- Crab Casserole Chiles Rellenos by Janos Wilder
- Butterscotch Brownies with Brown Sugar Icing
- Pan-Roasted Snapper with Pickled Slaw and Corn Maque Choux Purée
- Slow-Scrambled Eggs with Pepato Cheese and Chevre