This is Culinaria’s Festival Week, and the fun begins Wednesday with a series of themed dinners at restaurants around town.
Wine dinners, a beer dinner, even a scotch dinner — they’re all happening on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Boiler House, 312 Pearl Parkway, (210) 354-4644 — Five-course dinner featuring wines from Flat Creek Estate. Highlights: Pickled big-eye tuna salad, rice cracker crusted diver scallop, and grilled hard spice lamb shoulder skewer. Call for price.
- Arcade Midtown Kitchen, 303 Pearl Parkway, (210) 369-9664 — Four-course dinner with Bonterra Wines includes Hamachi and Scallop Ceviche, Duck Barbacoa Soft Taco and Pecan Smoked Lamb Leg. Price: $55.
- Bliss, 926 S. Presa St., (210) 225-2547 — Six-course dinner with Ramian Wines includes chicken-fried oyster slider, Texas Rabbit, Duck/Duck/Foie and prime strip steak. Price: $100.
- Francesca’s at Sunset at the Westin La Cantera, 16641 La Cantera Parkway, (210) 558-2253 — Five-course dinner features Dina Mondavi of Folio and the Beckers of Becker Vineyards. Highlights include Scallop and Orange Blossom Ravioli, Black Cod Brandade and Rib-eye. Price: $95.
- Lüke Riverwalk, 125 E. Houston St., (210) 227-LUKE (5853) — Wine dinner with Duchman Wines features four courses, including Charred Bandera Quail with Poteet Strawberries and Roasted Cabrito with Eggplant Confit. Price: $75.
- BIN 555, 555 W. Bitters Road, (210) 496-0555 — The Umai Mi Dinner features a number of Asian-inspired small and large plates, including Spicy Wings, Hot Sticky Ribs, Lemongrass Roasted Chicken, Spicy Cumin Lamb, Tiger’s Cry Flank Steak and Tamarind Glazed Smoked Brisket. Food paired with various wines. $85
- Boiler House, 312 Pearl Parkway, (210) 354-4644 — Six-course beer dinner features Brined Duck Pastrami, Braised Pork Belly and Sweetbread and Spinach Stuffed Quail. Beers include selections from Blue Moon and Leininkugel’s plus others. Call for price.
- Ruth’s Chris Downtown, 1170 E. Commerce St., — The Scotch dinner features four courses of food and four scotches, including Oban, Cragganmore, Lagavulin and Dalwinnie. Dishes include a crabtini, wild mushroom bisque and a petit filet. Price: $90.
Prices do not include tax or tip.