National Drink Beer Day is set for Sept. 28. And what better way to celebrate than with a special dinner?
Executive chef Jeff White has crafted the menu to be paired with craft beers from the San Antonio-based brewery’s portfolio. Both White and a beer master from Ranger Creek Brewery will be on hand to discuss each dish and the beer it’s paired with.
The menu includes:
- Beer Brined Duck Pastrami with double cream stout mustard, pancetta and shredded Brussels sprouts paired with Oatmeal Pale Ale
- Pickled Big Eye Tuna with mixed local lettuces, shaved Reggiano and Champagne vinaigrette served with Lucky Ol’ Sun
- La Bestia Braised Pork Belly with housemade grain mustard, spaetzle risotto and lump crab hollandaise with La Bestia Aimable
- Sweet Bread and Spinach Stuffed Texas Quail with Jerusalem artichoke mousseline, almond milk crème fraiche foam and pickled morels with Southtown IPA
- Dark Chocolate and Dried Chile Flourless Cake with chocolate cinnamon ice cream with Mesquite Smoked Porter
The dinner begins at 6 p.m. Sept. 28. The cost of the meal is $60 a person plus tax and tip.
The Boiler House Texas Grill & Wine Garden is at 312 Pearl Parkway. For reservations, call 210-354.4644.