Meat Week is celebrating is 10th anniversary this year with a lot of protein, a pint or two of beer and more than a little fun.
The local events include a “meat-the-chef” session with Tim Rattray of the Granary ‘Cue and Brew, a tailgate party at Branchline Brewing Co. with Conger’s Smoke Shack and a Super Bowl party at Taps y Tapas.
The meaty lineup is as follows:
- Noon – 9 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, at the Point Park and Eats, 24188 Boerne Stage Road — Meat Week founders Chris Cantey and Erni Walker will be on hand to kick off the week with a party that includes the following trucks: Pork U, Fat Bellies Cajun Truck, Institute of Chili, Dixieland BBQ, Slider Provider and Crazy Carl’s. Branchline Brewing Co. will be the featured beer.
- 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan.. 27, at Big Bob’s Burgers, 100 N. Santa Rosa St. — The party with Alamo Beer as the featured beer will be at the new downtown location, but the burger special will also be available at the original, 447 W. Hildebrand Ave.
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, at Tucker’s Kozy Korner, 1338 E. Houston St. — Chris Cullum of Attaboy Burgers will be serving the meat while the Midtown Jazz Band plays from 7 to 10 p.m.
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, at The Granary ‘Cue and Brew, 602 Avenue A — Rattray will be there, plus Melissa Guerra will offer a “meat-ducation.” Tickets are $40 and reservations are required. Email email@example.com.
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, at The Barbecue Station, 1610 N.E. Loop 410 — Meat Week guests get 30 percent off.
- 4 – 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, at The Big Bib, 104 Lanark Drive — A brisket plate with two sides is priced at $6.99.
- Noon – 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, at Branchline Brewing Co., 3633 Metro Parkway — The tailgate party at the brewery will feature Conger’s Smoke Shack. One hundred Meat Week glasses will be available. Three glasses of beer will be $10.
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 2, at Taps y Tapas, 1012 N. Flores St. — The Super Bowl brunch has a Barbacoa and Big Red theme. It is priced at $10.50, while botomless mimosas are priced at $12.50.
For more information on Meat Week, click here.