The San Antonio Cocktail Conference returns for a third year, Jan. 16-19.
This is a chance for cocktail experts, sponsors, aficionados and newcomers to drink and dine together while enjoying tastings, competitions, evening parties and interactive workshops.
And for the third year in a row, all proceeds will benefit charity work on behalf of children in need. This year’s beneficiaries are HeartGift San Antonio and ChildSafe. HeartGift San Antonio is a nonprofit organization that provides life-saving heart surgeries to children from countries where necessary care is unavailable to them. Over the past two years, the Cocktail Conference has raised more than $75,000 for the nonprofit.
As creator of the Cocktail Conference and owner/executive chef of Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood, Mark Bohanan is proud to announce this year’s added support of ChildSafe San Antonio — a child advocacy center that specializes in providing services to children who have been abused or neglected. “It’s been a blessing to see this event blossom,” Bohanan says. “Over the past two years, we’ve been able to provide incredible support for HeartGift children who need our help. But this year is extra special because we’ll now be able to donate funds locally to ChildSafe as well.”
The festivities begin Thursday, Jan. 16, with music and cocktails at the beautiful Majestic Theatre. Bartenders traveling from all around the country will mix specialty cocktails crafted from select spirit brands.
Friday, Jan. 17, will play host to a full day of parties and seminars that appeal to cocktail beginners and experts. In the evening, Rio San Antonio Cruises will transport guests to an “All Texas Spirits Night” at Pearl that evening to showcase San Antonio bars in conjunction with all Texas spirits and music from The Rick Cavender Band.
The fun continues Saturday, Jan. 18, with even more seminars for novices and experts alike. Join Bohanan’s and Lüke for a mouthwatering experience at the Stroll on Houston Street soiree where both restaurants will serve up dishes and cocktails. And what’s better than rounding out the day with an after party hosted by The 86 Co. at Empire Theatre with special music by The Spazmatics? Saturday evening will be an extravaganza The 86 Co. won’t let you forget. Come for an exciting night with great flavors and lively music at San Antonio’s premier performing arts facility.
Wind down the cocktail weekend with a Sunday morning Bloody Mary Brunch hosted by Deep Eddy Vodka at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel with tastings of their three famous spirits, including their fan favorite sweet tea vodka. The final day of Cocktail Conference will also include an exciting cocktail competition plus a closing evening party at The Brooklynite.
Prices vary per event with a couple of Saturday being free. Visit www.sanantoniococktailconference.com for information on the various seminars, the times and the prices.
Thursday, Jan. 16
- 7 – 11 p.m. – Opening Gala at the Majestic Theater
Friday, Jan. 17
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Seminars at Sheraton Gunter Hotel
- 4 – 6 p.m. – Happy Hour and Sherry Slam co-hosted by The Monterey and Virtuoso Selections
- 6 p.m. – Weston Centre Rio San Antonio Cruises to Pearl
- 7 – 11 p.m. – Pearl Stable Soiree An “All Texas Spirits Night” with musical guest The Rick Cavender Band
Saturday, Jan. 18
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Seminars and tasting rooms at Sheraton Gunter and other participating venues
- 6 – 10 p.m. – Stroll on Houston Street Bohanan’s and Lüke partner to create an evening menu.
- 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. – Empire Theatre After Party The 86 Co. hosts spirit-filled party with musical guest The Spazmatics.
Sunday, Jan. 19
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Bloody Mary Brunch hosted by Deep Eddy Vodka at Sheraton Gunter Hotel
- 2 p.m. – Movie Screening of “Hey Bartender” at Aztec Theatre
- 5 – 8 p.m. – Original Cocktail Competition sponsored by William Grant & Sons at Aztec Theatre
- 8 p.m. – A Tribute to Tequila sponsored by La Margarita
- 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. – Closing Party: The Brooklynite will throw a closing party