Alamo Beer Company and its signature brew, Alamo Golden Ale, are on tour to commemorate the historic Siege of the Alamo.
- Feb. 25 — Siege Week at PechaKucha Night
- Feb. 26 — Siege Week at The Point Park & Eats, 5-9 p.m.
- Feb. 27 — Siege Week Alamo Happy Hour at Stella, 5-7 p.m.
- Feb. 28 — Siege Week Alamo Happy Hour at Boiler House, 3-7 p.m.
- March 1 — Siege Week Tasting at Total Wine, 2-5 p.m.
- March 1 — The SA Town Get Down Bash at VFW Post 76
- March 2 — Siege Week Alamo Happy Hour at Central Market, noon- 2 p.m.
- March 3 — Siege Week ALAMO Happy Hour at Tuckers, featuring Jim Cullum, 6-8 p.m.
- March 4 — South Texas Jazz at the Empire Theatre
- March 5 — Siege Week Alamo Happy Hour at Brooklynite, 9 p.m. – midnight
- March 6 — Siege Week Dawn at the Alamo, 6 a.m.
For more details, click here.
The “Siege Week” Tour is a way for fans of the brew to visit with Alamo Beer Company’s president, Eugene Simor, and get a glimpse of the plans for the craft brewery that is currently being constructed. The first 50 participants at each stop will receive a special invite to be among the first on a VIP Tour of the new brewery with Simor. The $8 million brewery, located in East Downtown San Antonio, at capacity will produce up to 40,000 barrels, or 560,000 cases of beer, and will feature a beer garden and beer hall. The brewery is expected to be open for business this October.
“We are excited to take our brand out to our fans and bring some attention to Texas history,” says Simor. “This is going to be a big year for our company and it’s nice that we can share it with so many people.”
Independence Brewing Co. has announced that for the first time the brewery will be packaging its popular brew, White Rabbit, in cans. Previously only available seasonally on draught, the Belgian-style white ale is spiced with orange zest, coriander and peppercorns, bringing out a refreshing yet robust flavor.
The whimsical can design hints at Lewis Carroll’s classic, “Alice in Wonderland.” Currently available in a six-pack format, White Rabbit cans can be found at retailers ruch as Specs, Central Market, Whole Foods and H-E-B.
About White Rabbit:
Style: Belgian-style White Ale
Alcohol by volume: 5.9%
Yeast: Belgian Wit
Hops: Nugget, Styrian Goldings
Malts: Two-Row Pale, White Wheat, Pils, Munich
San Antonio Beer Week is coming back for a third year. The dates, according to the poster released, are May 10-18. No further details, however, could be found on this year’s festival at SanAntonioBeerWeek.com. But check back for future details.