Two special dinners from local cooks’ groups have been set for Feb. 23, giving San Antonio food lovers a tough choice.
“It’s six courses for $50 paired with beer from Busted Sandal,” chef Joel Herrara says. “Here’s a glimpse of the menu:
- Trio of Maiz : Corn three ways.
- Guajolote con Mole Negro: Turkey rillette with mole negro
- Pulpo y Noplales: Grilled octopus and Cactus salad
- Tikin Xic : Adobo marinated seafood
- Chile en Nogada : Chile stuffed with oxtail and a walnut sauce
- Champorado Cinn: Sugar cookies and Chocolate
For tickets, click here.
The Texas Cooks Co-Op is paying homage to the late Charlie Trotter at 5 p.m. at the Westin Riverwalk, 420 W. Market St.
“We will be doing our best renditions of esteemed chef Charlie Trotter’s recipes, whom we suddenly lost last year,” a press release says. “You get our best 12 courses with our best 12 wines and our best cocktails! Westin Riverwalk will graciously provide the hors d’oeuvres!”
The price is $70 a person. Tickets must be paid by Feb. 19. For reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.