Get ready for one of the most talked-about food events of the entire San Antonio year.
The annual event began with friends chef Robbie Nowlin and artist Justin Parr, who had the idea of planting the gardens on the grounds of the former hotel and spa.
They enjoyed the food that they grew so much that they began to include others. Out of that grew a dinner on the grounds using the harvest.
Chefs around town loved being a part of the event, and more than a few talked about it for months after it happened.
That helps explain the lengthy list of chefs and booths for this year’s event:
· Chef Robbie Nowlin-Citrus
· Bar Chef Jorel Pena-The Last Word
· Bar Chef Jaret Pena-The Brooklynite
· Chef Jason Dady-Jason Dady Restaurant Group
· Chef Stefan Bowers-Feast
· Chef Josh Cross-Toro Taco Bar
· Chef Brooke Smith-Esquire Tavern
· Chef Chris Jara-St Anthony Hotel
· Chef John Fahle-Outlaw BBQ
· Chef Brandon Mckelvey-Say.She.Ate
· Chef Harris Esparza-Compass Group
· Chef Rebecca Masson-Fluff Bake Bar-Houston
· Chef Zach Garza-Primero Cantina
· Charles Gonzales-Rosella Coffee
· Chef Jeff White-The Boiler House
· Chef Beto Gutierrez-Houston
· Chef Jeff Wiley
· Chef Quealy Watson-Hot Joy
· Chef Andrew Wiseheart-Gardner-Austin
· Chef PJ Edwards-Gardner-Austin
· Chef Geronimo Lopez-CIA/NAO
· Chef Mark Weaver
· Chef Luis Colon-FOLC
· Chef Halston Conella-Citrus
Hot Wells is at 5503 S. Presa St. Tickets are $75 a person or $125 a couple. Call Cindy Taylor at 210-912-5868 for tickets.