J Prime Steakhouse, 1401 N. Loop 1604 W., is hosting its first horizontal wine tasting at 6 p.m. July 8.
“Together we will compare six Cabernets from multiple Napa Valley wineries to fulfill the ‘horizontal tasting’ experience,” the steakhouse says. “Wine enthusiasts, start planning for an evening made to enlighten and unwind – you may even find a new Cabernet favorite!”
The lineup includes:
- Stag’s Leap, Stag’s Leap Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon, Stag’s Leap District 2012
- Cade, Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain Napa Valley 2011
- Hall Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2012
- Trefethen Cabernet Sauvignon, Oak Knoll District Napa Valley 2012
- Hess Collection Cabernet Sauvignon, Mount Veeder Napa Valley 2011
- Inglenook “Cask” Cabernet Sauvignon, Rutherford Napa Valley 2012
The price is $35 a person. Light appetizers will be served. Call (210) 764-1604 for reservations.